Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Part II

Christmas morning we actually got up before Izabel. I got up about 8 so I could get a shower and get ready before Izabel got up. Noah got up right after me and we went in to wake Izabel up. Noah got the tree on and got the video recorder ready and I brought Izabel in. She didn't know what to think at first. We showed her the things from Santa (they were already open and set up) and she started playing with them. She tried out her chair and then fell out of it trying to get up. She played with her new Mega Blocks and her monkey toy. Then we opened our stockings. After stockings we made waffles and all ate breakfast. Then we got back to opening presents. Izabel opened her new baby (more about that later), her stroller and high chair, and her music table. Noah got me all of the books on my list so I'll be set for at least a few weeks and I had his Grandfather's watch and the watch I got him while we were dating fixed. We played for a little bit and then got ready and headed over to Grandma's house to do Christmas with my family.

Before we got started (Santa doesn't wrap presents for our house!)
Izzy's stockingHer Go Baby Go Toy from SantaChecking out her new chairA new baby that she fell in love with right awayOpening presents continued for a while at Grandma's house. They hadn't even started yet so we watched as they opened their presents and then we opened all of ours. Izabel got the sit and spin pony. She can bounce on it and it hooks up to the tv to play games and music. She got an ODU cheerleader outfit to wear to football games in the fall, a couple other outfits, a laugh and learn piggy bank and plenty of tissue paper and boxes to play with!

Getting ready for ODU Football with a cheerleader outfitHelping Grandma open some of her presents
Loving the Pony but not quite ready to get on it!
We played for a while and tried to get Izabel to play with her pony (she wasn't quite sure about it yet) and then we tried really hard to get her to take a nap. She ended up taking a ride in the car where she finally fell asleep for a little while. Then it was time to eat and my mom made all her best stuff! We had an amazing dinner and lots of great desserts too. Then we all sat around and talked while the boys played video games. My Aunt Phyllis and Aunt Judy came over for a little while to visit. Izabel thought she needed a diaper change so she got a diaper out of her bag, laid down on a piece of tissue paper and stuck her legs up in the air. It was so funny we were all dying laughing! Everyone was still talking about it today. We ended up home around 7 and we were all exhausted and ready for bed. I think all three of us slept better than we have in a while (even Tanner managed to let me sleep through the night!) It was a great day with the family and we couldn't have asked for anything more!