Monday, April 27, 2009

A Few Updates, Pics, and Exciting News!

Well since my last post I have been getting around a lot better and doing a lot more around here. Noah's mom stayed until last Friday and Izabel had a great time getting so much attention and having someone to play with. They went on walks and to the park everyday and Izabel was very sad when she left. Tanner is growing and we are starting to get into more of a routine with nursing. The nights aren't always good but they could be a lot worse. I think I've just gotten used to being completely exhausted so I'm still able to function. I'm still having pain at my incision site but it comes and goes and it is tolerable. Hopefully that will be gone soon!

Playing with the little girl next door
Going down the slide by herselfHelping Mimi cook

Noah was home with us Friday and Saturday. We managed to get Tanner's name hung up in his room and the double stroller was put together. We tried to go the park a couple times but it's so hot here and the slides were steaming so we didn't get to stay long. We got ice cream from the ice cream man and sat on the porch which Izabel thought was fun. Then we had dinner on the back porch and she made the biggest mess with her ravioli.

Tanner hanging out
Finally got the letters up
Eating ice cream on the porch
Time for a bath!
Did you get any in your mouth?

We pulled out Izabel's new potty chair and put it in the bathroom Saturday night. She always goes potty with me so we wanted to start introducing the chair but we weren't expecting anything. She sat on it and that was about it. Sunday Noah and I got to get away to a movie. We had free tickets that expired at the end of April so we wanted to make sure we got to use them. We saw Fast and Furious and really liked it! It was nice to get away but I think I would have rather slept for two hours! When we got home my parents said IZABEL WENT PEE PEE ON THE POTTY!!!!!!! They thought she had already done it for us and it wasn't a big deal but of course this was the first time so we were super excited. We all cheered and jumped around and she couldn't contain her excitement after seeing ours!

Trying out the new potty chair
Waiting to go to Sunday School
Still hanging out

Today was my first official day on my own with both of them. Yesterday Noah went back to work but my sister was here so that didn't really count. We went for a walk and hung out and we've done pretty well. My mom stopped by for a little while and I grabbed a shower while she was here. Everyday it will get easier but I'm really happy with how well everything is going already!

First ride in the new stroller
Our double stroller